Southeast Cancer Network's reimbursement division is committed to satisfying patients' insurance and billing needs, regardless of the type of insurance held. The following describes Southeast Cancer Network's policy with regard to insurance billing. Although the insurance department will bill the patient's insurance company as a service, the patient may continue to receive monthly statements from Southeast Cancer Network to keep him informed of the status of his account. Please remember that this is a service to the patient; final resolution of the account is the patient's responsibility.
Southeast Cancer Network's physicians participate in the Medicare program. This means that the Medicare payment check will be sent directly to the center. Southeast Cancer Network will accept the charge and amount approved. Medicare, however, pays only 80% of most approved charges. This leaves 20%, which is the patient's responsibility, as is the annual Medicare deductible.
Southeast Cancer Network's physicians participate in Alabama's Medicaid program. Alabama Medicaid patients are required to pay a co-payment for most services. A valid Medicaid card should be presented to the cancer center office registrars upon each visit.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Southeast Cancer Network's physicians participate in Alabama's Blue Cross/Blue Shield programs. Patients should check with the cancer center office registrars for information if they have a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy. The registrars will be able to tell patients how the network participates in their programs and how their claims will be handled. Most Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans have deductibles and co-payments.
Commercial Health Insurance
Southeast Cancer Network will file commercial insurance claims for its patients. Each patient should leave a signed, completed form with the cancer center office registrar at the time of his visit. Patients should also remember that several commercial insurance companies have deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses for which they may be responsible.
For the answer to any other billing or insurance question, please call one of the center's specialists toll-free: 1-888-244-4150.